[theora] NHW Project - quality improvement for -l3, -l4, -l5 settings
Raphael Canut
2018-03-27 15:18:53 UTC
Hello,

I have improved quality for -l3,-l4,-l5 settings.I have diminished residual
coding and I have raised again quantization.These settings are now better.

Update at: http://nhwcodec.blogspot.com/

The NHW Project with this version starts to be competitive at high
compression with x265.

Any feedback welcome!

Cheers,
Raphael
Raphael Canut
2018-03-28 06:53:29 UTC
Hello,

Thank you very much for following the NHW Project! As it is quite difficult
to try to have a place in the codec world and try to innovate, support from
the community is very important and appreciated!

Many thanks again!!!
Cheers,
Raphael
Post by Raphael Canut
Any feedback welcome!
Thanks for keeping us all updated with your progress!
I don't know much about image & movie encoding but I try to keep up with
what's going on in the free world, so NHW is of interest to me. I thought
you'd appreciate knowing that your updates are read.