[theora] NHW Project - neatness vs precision for the new settings
Raphael Canut
2018-03-13 22:42:47 UTC
Hello,

I realize that I made a choice in my last quality settings.By increasing
the wavelet coeff threshold from 8 to 12 in the wavelet HH band, it allowed
me to win 1 Ko and so to raise quantization, but the new results have less
neatness but more precision.Globally I find that images still have a good
neatness but more essential they have now a better precision.

Did some of you have time to test these new quality settings and share this
opinion? Or do you prefer the previous version with more neatness? Or would
you prefer even more precision and so we could increase wavelet coeff
threshold from 12 to 14 in the HH band, save another 0.5/1Ko and raise
again quantization for even more precision but less neatness?

I find that the current version is a good balance between neatness and
precision, but I only tested it on a dozen images...

Any feedback welcome!

Cheers,
Raphael