[theora] NHW Project - major quality improvement for -l1->-l4 settings
Raphael Canut
2018-03-11 19:52:44 UTC
Hello,

With -l5 quality setting, I have learned that I can increase wavelet coeff
threshold to 12 in the HH band without noticeable difference in the
reconstructed images.With this processing, I win in average 1Ko in the
compressed .nhw files, and so I can raise the quantization for -l1->-l4
settings (0.935->0.955,0.88->0.9,0.87->0.89) and so these settings are now
better, there is a little less neatness/sharpness but there is more
precision, and so these settings are quite competitive.The .nhw files are
also smaller.

Update at: http://nhwcodec.blogspot.com/

Really it would be great, if you could find time, to let me know what you
would think of these new settings?

Many thanks!
Cheers,
Raphael